Tryout information – Frederick Warriors Volleyball 2018
CRITERIA FOR TRYOUT EVALUATION AND GENERAL INFORMATION
Due to the number of athletes who tryout each year it is not always possible to keep everyone. The evaluation process is a difficult task that involves every member of the coaching staff to evaluate all athletes using an objective format. The athletes will be selected for teams based on pre-determined criteria and team needs. No position on any team is set before tryouts begin. Also, keep in mind that it is possible for an athlete to be selected for a team above their grade level. Movement is necessary and key for the success of the program.
TRYOUT & SEASON INFORMATION:
All athletes need to have the completed the SVVSD Athletic registration online and paid the $150 fee (there are different fees for Free & reduced Students), and turned in a completed physical form, – BEFORE tryouts begin!
- Online Registration and Medical forms need to be turned into the office by Noon on Monday August 8th in order to step on the court for try outs. There will be no exceptions!
- Tryouts begin Monday, August 6th in the Frederick High School Main Gym – from 3-6 pm, and will continue Tuesday August 7th, 3-6 and then again Wednesday August 8th, 3-6.
- The coaching staff reserves the right to extend practice times as the tryouts progresses, if necessary.
*The girls will need to arrive early on Monday to complete tryout paperwork, prepare their tryout form and measure their height and standing reach. Coaches will be there at least 30 minutes prior to the start of tryout sessions.
- There will be two rounds of cuts.
- 1st Round will be after tryouts on Tuesday night.
- Then Final cuts if necessary will be by the end of the session on Wednesday August 8th 3-6pm. *If an additional round of cuts or additional time is needed to decide the placement of our student-athletes on a team this will be announced prior to the first round of cuts.
*After cuts, practice times will vary depending on coaches and levels. Athlete will be notified of practice times when teams have been determined.
- Parents & Players Fall Sports Parents Meeting will be held Wednesday August 8th at 6:30 pm. This will be followed by a Volleyball Meeting.
- First Players Team meeting will be on Thursday, August 9th at 2:00 pm in the wrestling room. With Team building activities to follow.